Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Black Sun

to lie alone in the desert
and stare at the sun
until the sun goes black...


Black sun, black sun of my heart-
Strike down your shaking blaze of fire
Eat up my eyes and brain
Burn me clean and dry of all desire.

Black, black, sun in my heart-
Rain down your murderous love
Your flash and carbon, cancer and heat
Bake me sweet as a dove

Sweet as a stone, black as a bird
Flay me with fire to the bone
Wrap me and wash me in flame
And leave me clean and alone

On the lost shore of a river I know
In the strange-lit country of stone.

-Edward Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment


None of the poems posted on here were written by me, I simply choose poems that I like. Please check out my other blog, www.treestellstories.blogspot.com to view my own original poetry, as well as artwork, recipes, random musings and thoughts.

Followers